The Health Services team provides basic first aid to students with minor injuries and illnesses.
The clinic staff members tend to students’ medical needs, maintain student medical records, conduct state-mandated health screenings, and communicate regularly with parents and staff members. The clinic staff members will administer medications/ procedures to students with physician orders and parent consent forms when needed.
Texas state law requires students attending school to be immunized against certain vaccine preventable diseases. The Immunization Branch encourages you to get your child vaccinated early so as to avoid the end-of-summer vaccination rush. Getting your child vaccinated protects your child’s health and that of the community.
[include immunization information here]
Be sure your child is up to date on all immunizations. You can access the 2018/2019 immunization form links below.
- 4 doses of DPT/DTaP/DT/TdaP/Td
- 3 doses Polio
- 1 dose MMR received on or after the 1st birthday
- 3 doses Hib (one of which must be on or after 12 months) or 1 dose Hib after 15 months of age
- 2 doses Hepatitis A received on or after 1st birthday
- 3 doses Hepatitis B
- Pneumococcal Conjugate (Prevnar, PCV7)—3 doses given with 1 dose given after the age of 12 months, or 2 doses if given between 12-24 months, or 1 dose if given after 24 months
- 1 dose Varicella on or after the 1st birthday (if child has not had chickenpox)